My fiance has a lot of foods that he won’t eat. We’re not talking dislike, we’re talking pick off every offending piece from his plate. I thought I’d make a list, so that you can see just what I’m up against!
I eat almost everything, with the exception of undercooked meat (I like my meat burnt according to my daddy).
Here’s a start at what he will not eat or will only eat under certain conditions:
- Raisins. Oh god don’t put raisins in cookies. He will never forgive you
- Plums. Not going to happen. I kinda don’t think he’s ever eaten one honestly
- Kiwis. They’re fuzzy. So that’s a no. (He tried to tell me he’d eat them, but managed to avoid them every time they were out. So yeah, not happening)
- Bell peppers. Peppers should only be eaten if spicy. If they’re shaped like a spicy pepper (cone shaped), you can probably feed it to him. If bell peppers are used in food they should be in large enough pieces that they can be easily picked out.
- Avocado. Unless it’s in sushi or guacamole. Then it’s fine.
- Tuna. Being around the smell of tuna starts to bug him actually
- Onions. If you chop them up super small it’s sometimes ok, and big pieces he can eat around are fine too. (Salsa is also ok). But none on burgers, salad, or visibly present in the soup, chili, rice, etc..
- Greek yogurt. Normal yogurt, totally fine. Greek yogurt, not so much.
- Pie. Not even kidding. Pie. Berry pie (so long as it isn’t blueberries of course) is sometimes ok. But he once told me, with a straight face, he just doesn’t like pie. No apple pie, no peach pie, and definitely not pumpkin pie.
- blueberries (this is the weirdest one I think. Blueberries! How can you hate blueberries!?)
- plain raspberries (cooked, in yogurt, on ice cream, etc are ok. But alone is a no-go)
- any other melon you can think of
- cucumbers (cucumbers do not taste like anything. they’re just cold. Don’t get it)
- Olives (green, black, any type…)
- Pumpkin (yes, this includes pumpkin pie)
- tomatoes in any form besides in sauce/on pasta, or a few on a salad/pasta salad. (None on burgers, sandwiches, rice, etc). He claims “I eat tomato now”. We shall see.
- Coconut. However, if you mix it into something and he doesn’t know it’s there he loves it. I’ve watched him eat popcorn, ice cream, and cookies with coconut and tell me they’re delicious. But as soon as you say it’s there, suddenly it doesn’t taste as good.