A Great Day to be Alive
Reasons yesterday was awesome
1. Finding hash browns hiding in the freezer + this new sausage from Costco
equaled breakfast inspiration
2. Not screwing up when making omelets
Seriously, isn’t your life a little happier when they look just right?
3. Date nights! We took a walk by the river, then went out for dinner + a movie
4. Giant flatbread things at dinner
This sucker was easily like two feet across. Delicious.
5. Hummmmmusssss. And falafel. And other things. But mostly hummus and falafel.
6. Delicious lamb and rice
There was cinnamon in there. Cinnamon in savory things is easily one of my favorites.
In high school I had a friend whose mother would sometimes make baklava and send my friend to school with giant boxes of it to share. I need a friend like that in Portland.
9. The movie theater was next to a Whole Foods. That had kombucha on tap
Where that employee is standing, those taps are kombucha. He kept taking samples, which made it hard to get a picture without being a creeper. But you can get a growler of it. Crazy.
10. The movie theater had beer. And cheap popcorn. (ticket+ beer + popcorn = 9.75!)
11. While we were waiting for the movie to start, the fiance got a call. From New Seasons. Saying…
We won BEER from their anniversary drawing we entered a few weeks ago.
I love New Seasons. I love them extra now.
What was good in your day?